As a team of Certified Financial Planners (CFP®) and Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), we specialize in holistic retirement and life planning. Our comprehensive planning process focuses not only on the financial aspects of your life but also your individual preferences and personal circumstances. What makes us different is our ability to listen and create a truly customized plan based on where you are in life. We go beyond the numbers and statistics generated by most modern retirement planning software packages. We make sure this is YOUR plan.
Our financial planning process begins by listening to each client discuss their particular goals and objectives. We customize our subsequent planning approach to help you with the following:
- Retirement Planning – If you have a plan, there is no need to spend the best years of your life excessively worrying about your finances. If you are thinking about retirement but don’t have a plan, we would develop a comprehensive solution to your specific needs. For those who already have a plan, we would propose ideas to potentially optimize and simplify the process and logistics. Successful implementation and periodic review of your financial plan will ensure financial independence during your work years and through your retirement years.
- Investment Planning – Our approach to investment planning begins with a full understanding and integration with your overall financial plan. We refrain from any purely age-based or subjective model portfolio “solutions”. Our proposed asset allocation will reflect your personal risk tolerance, cash needs, potential inheritance and any other factors that are specific to your lifestyle. The end goal is to construct and thoroughly discuss an asset allocation that is specific to your needs and where you are in life. We have access to some of the most innovative research software in the industry but rest assured, we will not unnecessarily complicate our communication with you.
- Estate Planning – As part of estate planning, many of our clients desire to leave a legacy for their heirs or beloved charities. No matter how significant your charitable intent, we will work with you to design the most optimal strategy from both investment and tax perspectives. We will advise you on the best use of trusts, lifetime gifts, college savings plans and investment vehicles. We can refer you to one of the estate planning attorneys in our network or coordinate with your existing estate attorney.
- Tax Planning – We prefer to take a proactive vs. a reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge they deserve throughout the year. Visit our tax services page for the full scope of our services.
- Risk Management – What can go wrong with this picture? We ask this question every time we design a new financial plan or update our existing strategy. Bad things can happen to good people and we ensure all potential risks are thoroughly discussed and covered in our comprehensive risk management and insurance assessment. We do not sell any proprietary products or receive any compensation for third-party insurance solutions we may recommend to you. As a result, we serve only your best interest.
A financial plan is not a one-time event for CBM but an ongoing commitment to work with individuals and families to evaluate goals, monitor changes in your situation and, as needed, make the right adjustments to ensure you remain on track. CBM’s certified professionals are long-time members of the Certified Financial Planning Board, equipping us with access to current knowledge and the expertise to help clients make good financial decisions.
A solid financial future doesn’t happen by accident. Reach out to CBM’s team of certified financial planners and let us work with you to achieve the future you deserve.