Richard, recipient of the 2014 Enterprise Worldwide “Brand Ambassador” Award, has more than 25 years of public accounting experience and is a sought-after speaker for associations and universities on tax, business formation and real estate issues. In addition to numerous television appearances, Richard has authored a number of tax related articles.
On Client’s Challenges…”Know your client, his industry and his situation. While the basics of the work we do for each client might be the same, their situation is always unique. Understanding them and relaying that understanding is very important to building a mutually beneficial relationship.”
The Lesson I Learned From My Mentor…”’Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters’ by Meg Meeker. It taught me how to encourage my two girls and to teach them to grow up strong and confident. That is important to me because their energy and enthusiasm are my biggest form of inspiration. I don’t ever want them to lose that.”
On Becoming a CPA…”I chose this profession because I like problem-solving. Helping owners of closely-held businesses work through their tax puzzles is incredibly fulfilling.”
- My fondest childhood memory is Christmas morning with my parents, brothers and sister.
- If I could go anywhere in the world, I would drive across the United States using nothing but side and back roads.
- My strongest quality is that I keep on chugging until the job is done.
- My advice? Do your homework and always be prepared.
- The last book I read was “Bully Pulpit” by Doris Kearns Goodwin.