CBM Senior Tax Manager Mikki Obreja Leads Tree-Planting Initiative
Senior Tax Manager Mikki Obreja began a team initiative this fall to plant 100 trees around the world in honor of Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell’s 100th anniversary. She encouraged staff to contribute either by planting their own trees or by donating to organizations that plant trees around the world. The movement was motivated by her desire to offset the effects of climate change and provide places of shelter/food for wildlife animals across the globe.
Mikki wishes to thank the following team members who have contributed to this initiative and encourages staff to continue donating until we reach our goal of 100 trees.
- Supervisor Jessie Rose planted a peach tree in her backyard and donated to Arbor Day Foundation to replant forests
- Executive Vice President Dan Weaver donated to Trees for the Future and One Tree Planted to plant trees in the Amazon rainforest
- Principal Winnie Yang contributed to The Nature Conservancy initiative to assist in their goal of planting a billion trees
- Senior Accounting Specialist Anne Hayes contributed to Trees for the Future
- Senior-in-Charge Ginger Wu donated 20 trees to the Yucatan Reforestation project organized by Plant-for-the-Planet
- Senior Tax Manager Angie Prochaska planted a Pink Dogwood tree in her backyard
- President Peter B. Reilly adopted a red bud tree in Virginia.
- Michelle Belfont planted a Rose of Sharon tree in her backyard.
Click here to read about other charitable activities CBM team members have led to support the not-for-profit community and celebrate our 100th anniversary.
Senior Tax Manager Angie Prochaska’s Pink Dogwood Tree in her backyard
Supervisor Jessica Rose’s Peach Tree at her home in Georgia