Senior Tax Manager Mikki Obreja began a team initiative this fall to plant 100 trees around the world in honor of CBM’s 100th anniversary. She encouraged staff to contribute either by planting their own trees or by donating to organizations that plant trees around the world. The movement was motivated by her desire to offset the effects of climate change and provide places of shelter/food for wildlife animals across the globe.
Mikki wishes to thank the following team members who have contributed to this initiative and encourages staff to continue donating until we reach our goal of 100 trees.
- Supervisor Jessie Rose planted a peach tree in her backyard and donated to Arbor Day Foundation to replant forests
- Executive Vice President Dan Weaver donated to Trees for the Future and One Tree Planted to plant trees in the Amazon rainforest
- Principal Winnie Yang contributed to The Nature Conservancy initiative to assist in their goal of planting a billion trees
- Senior Accounting Specialist Anne Hayes contributed to Trees for the Future
- Senior-in-Charge Ginger Wu donated 20 trees to the Yucatan Reforestation project organized by Plant-for-the-Planet
- Senior Tax Manager Angie Prochaska planted a Pink Dogwood tree in her backyard
- President Peter B. Reilly adopted and planted a red bud tree in Virginia.
- Michelle Belfont planted a Rose of Sharon tree in her backyard.
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell has kept an active commitment to serving the local community for many years. Our industry-recognized program is founded on the efforts of team member volunteers who devote their time and resources to improving the lives of those around us. Click here to read more about CBM in the Community.
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell (CBM) is a professional services firm delivering tax, accounting and business advisory expertise throughout the Mid-Atlantic region from offices in Bethesda, MD and Washington, DC.