An upcoming November 7 event, hosted by CBM – Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C., will address top considerations for parents and grandparents who have invested or are considering investing in a 529 college savings plan to help support a family member’s education.
Presenters Alex S. Seleznev, MBA, CFP®, CFA, of CBM and May Barnhard Investments (MBI), and Francesca Nelson of T. Rowe Price (MD College Plan Sponsor) will address the burdens of long-term student loans, effective gift strategies and the following related topics during an engaging and in-depth presentation:
1. Benefits to parents and grandparents of owning a 529 plan
2. Benefits to setting up an account now in anticipation of children or grandchildren
3. Qualified and non-qualified distributions and related strategies
4. Reimbursements of tuition payments
5. New private school benefits of 529 plans
6. Impact on financial aid
Refreshments will be served starting at 3:30 p.m.