Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell (CBM)’s professionals are running! On Sunday, October 28, ten team members and supporters will participate in the Marine Corps 10K in support of the Children’s Inn at NIH.
The Children’s Inn is a not-for-profit residence for families with children participating in leading-edge research studies at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. The NIH Clinical Center is the nation’s premier biomedical research hospital, providing an opportunity for residents to be partners in advancing medical discoveries and improving the health of people all over the world. While the NIH cares for the child’s medical needs, the Inn tends to the child’s heart, soul and spirit.
Participants are busy training with twice-weekly runs, with each receiving some financial support from the firm toward their fundraising goal.
CBM Senior Vice President Dan Weaver has served on the board of directors of the Children’s Inn and will be running. Other runners include:
- Pete Reilly – President and Managing Partner
- John Comunale – Senior Vice President, Auto Dealer Practice (John’s wife, Carol, will also participate on the team)
- Jordan Egert (team captain) – Manager, Litigation Support
- Joe Kovacs – Director, Marketing and Business Development
- Norah Jones – Senior Auditor
- Abbie Niehoff (team captain) – Financial Planning & Litigation Support Paralegal
- Kathleen Booker – Staff Accountant
- Eric Fox – Staff Accountant
The MCM10K will begin on the National Mall and end at the Marine Corps War Memorial.
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell (CBM) is a professional services firm delivering tax, accounting and business advisory expertise throughout the Mid-Atlantic region from offices in Bethesda, MD and Washington, DC.